Law Alumni Weekend in D.C. - Registration Now Open
ONU Law Weekend in D.C. and U.S. Supreme Court Admission Ceremony
June 11 - 13, 2016
Application and Registration Now Open!
Deadline: March 15, 2016
APPLY NOW to be one of thirty inductees into the United States Supreme Court during Ohio Northern University Law’s Supreme Court Admission Ceremony Weekend June 11-13, 2016. Applications will be accepted on a first come-, first-served basis. Any person whose application is received after the thirty (30) member group is filled will be added to a waiting list.
To qualify for admission to the Bar of the Supreme Court, an applicant must have been admitted to practice in the highest court of a state for a period of at least three years before the date of application, not have been subject of any adverse disciplinary action, and appear to the court to be of good moral and professional character.
All Law Alumni & Friends of the Law College are invited to D.C. for events in conjunction with the Monday, June 17, 2013 ONU Law Admission Ceremony.
Inductee and Guest (couple fee) -$525.00
Inductee (Individual) -$435.00
Washington, D.C. Weekend Events Included with registration fee:
- “Wine Down Reception” Saturday, June 11, 2016 -6:00 p.m. Hyatt on Capitol Hill. Meet and greet Law Alumni and Board Members while enjoying a glass of wine and light hors d’oeuvres. (Included with group fee) All ONU Law Alumni are invited to attend. $10 registration fee. Note: Hyatt has extended special $25.00 flat rate valet parking for this event.
- Cocktail hour and Banquet Recognition Dinner Sunday, June 12, 2016- 6:00 p.m. Hyatt on Capitol Hill. Join in recognizing those alumni being inducted at the U.S. Supreme Court Admission Ceremony. All law alumni, guests, & friends of the law college are welcome to attend. (Included with group fee) Dinner for adults $95.00 each, Children, 10 & under $25.00 each.
Reception at the Courthouse Monday, June 13, 2016 -7:15 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. ONU Law College Alumni United States Supreme Court Admissions Ceremony at the Supreme Court of the United States. A tour of the Supreme Court of the United States will follow the admission ceremony. All ONU law alumni and guests are invited to attend the reception & tour. Only one designated guest per admittee may enter the courtroom during the admission ceremony. All others are welcome to remain in the reception hall for the reception & tour that follows the swearing-in. (included with group fee).
*Group fee does not include additional meals, parking, and transportation or guest rooms at the hotel while in D.C
- U.S. Supreme Court Website: http://www.supremecourt.gov/bar/baradmissions.aspx
- Supreme Court Admission Ceremony Printable Application is http://www.supremecourtus.gov/bar/barapplication.pdf
- Book your reservation at the Hyatt on Capital Hill: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/OhioNorthernUniversity2016
APPLICATION AND INSTRUCTIONS