Want to become an attorney? Start preparing now. Our pre-law option puts you on the right track with personal advising and a solid curriculum. We help you not only get accepted into law school, but also become a top student once you’re there.
ONU’s pre-law option can be declared with almost any undergraduate major – from engineering to history, finance to professional writing. You’ll be assigned a faculty advisor who will work with you until you graduate. This advisor will help you design a program of study that will prepare you for the rigors of law school. You’ll also have access to a pre-law orientation course, a Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) preparatory workshop, and a mentoring program that pairs pre-law students with local attorneys.
Plus, if you plan to attend the ONU Pettit College of Law, you’ll have an inside track. We give preferential treatment to admission for all ONU undergraduates. No other university offers this advantage.
Benefits of ONU’s pre-law program
- One-on-one advising to help you select the best undergraduate coursework for later application to law school
- Presentations on LSAT prep, the FlexApp, the admissions process and more
- Exposure to different career options within the legal field
- Networking with current ONU Law students
- Invitation to all guest speaker events within the College of Law
- ABA Official Guide to American Law Schools
- Access Group - Information about financing your legal education -
- National Association for Law Placement (NALP) : information on current employment trends and salaries within the legal field
- Midwest Association of Pre-Law Advisors (MAPLA)
- Boston College Law School Locator
For more information or to schedule a pre-law advising session, please contact Bruce Frohnen, ONU’s pre-law advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To speak with a law admissions counselor about the law school application process, please call 419-772-2211 or schedule a visit.
For answers to some commonly asked questions about selecting and then applying to a law school, explore our FAQ.