You are here
Study Abroad Policy
Summer or Part-time Coursework at other Law Schools
Law students are permitted to attend other law schools during the summer in the U.S. or abroad or on a part-time status under the following conditions and procedures.
- Students desiring to receive credit towards the degree requirements of the College of Law through study at another law school must apply for and obtain the permission of the Associate Dean of the College of Law
- Transient status will routinely be granted up to the equivalent of one semester’s worth of credits for students requesting permission to take courses on a part-time basis at another American Bar Association accredited law school or at a program sponsored by such a law school abroad.
- Credit will be granted only for courses in which a grade of “C” or better is achieved. Courses thus accepted for credit by the College of Law will normally be given credit toward graduation only; the grade itself will not be transferred.
- The student must follow all application procedures of the other institution and make financial arrangements directly with them. Ohio Northern scholarships cannot be applied to studies at other institutions. The Ohio Northern Financial Aid Office will assist in processing financial aid for study abroad programs only.
- At the conclusion of the program the student must arrange for the Registrar of the other institution to send an official transcript of the student’s grades to the Associate Dean of the College of Law.
- Fill out a Study Abroad Request Form available in the front office.
- List the Name, Address and the Term of the Institution you wish to attend.
- List the courses you wish to take and attach the catalogue course descriptions of the other institution.
- Submit the form to the Associate Dean for approval.
- Fill out a Letter of Good Standing Request Form available in the front office. The Associate Dean will prepare and send the letter to the other institution.
- At the conclusion of the program, request the Registrar of the other institution to send an official transcript of grades to the Associate Dean of the College of Law.
Connect with ONU Law: