The Office of Law Admissions is happy to help assist you in any way we can. Because of the breadth of information that flows through multiple offices, we will often direct you to the respective office with which you must deal directly. Scholarship, voucher, and any financial aid related questions must be handled through the Office of Financial Aid, whose web page is provided in a link above. Questions regarding move-in dates and registration for on-campus housing must be directed to the Office of Residence Life, whose web link is also provided above.
In order for any person other than the student to discuss details regarding housing, financial aid, etc. they must sign and submit the Privacy Disclosure Form (FERPA), which can be found here.
Memo To: L1's
- You should have funds in the $1200-$1500 range in your personal account to begin your first weeks at Ohio Northern University. These funds will be needed for books, apartment and utility deposits, food, and miscellaneous expenses during the first weeks of classes. Your loan refund checks, if utilized, will be available via refund check beginning September 3, 2014 (approximate date).
- Contact your undergraduate lenders to make sure that your loans are put into deferment status for your three years of attendance at ONU Law.
- If you have financial aid questions or concerns contact the Financial Aid Office at 419.772.2272 or stop by Weber Hall and meet with a Financial Aid Counselor.
All students are required to have health insurance coverage, therefore ONU offers a student health insurance policy through EIIA (Educational & Institutional Insurance Administrators, Inc.). The cost of the ONU policy is $1752 per year for domestic graduate students. If you are an international students, please contact the Controller's Office for alternate rates. The coverage extends for calendar year (August 1, 2014 through July 31, 2015). In order to ensure all students have proper coverage, all students are enrolled in the policy and must waive out each year by providing adequate insurance coverage information. To waive your health insurance please use this link: www.eiiastudent.org/onu Once the student has completed the required waiver information, they will receive an e-mail confirming the waiver acceptance. The deadline to waive out of the ONU policy is August 31, 2014. After this date, the student will be charged for the ONU policy and NO refunds will be given.
Fall Orientation: Wednesday, August 20 & Friday, August 22, 2014
The mandatory College of Law Orientation is scheduled for Wednesday through Friday, August 20-22, 2014. Dress is business professional for the first day of orientation, and formal head shots and ID photos will be taken. Orientation packets will be mailed to incoming L1s mid-July. If you do not receive a packet, please call Law Admissions at 419-772-2211.
*Be sure to update your current address with us so we can ensure your packet is sent to the correct address*
2014-15 Course Info
For more information on the 2014 Fall course schedule and tentative exam schedule please visit the Academics page.
Your Fall book list can be found on the Academics page under "Textbooks." Textbooks can be purchased any of the following ways:
- The ONU Barnes & Nobles Bookstore: 419-772-2410 or Barnes & Noble bookstore
- At any law school bookstore provided they use the same textbook
- Any online bookstore
Summer 2014 Bookstore Hours: M-F, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. | Closed Weekends
**Time will be provided at Orientation to pick-up books at the Bookstore
You can use loan money to order books online from the ONU bookstore. When asked for payment method, choose the option “School Debit Card” or the option that most closely resembles this. After you arrive on campus, you will need to go to the Controller's Office and get the voucher which will tell the bookstore how much credit they are authorized to extend to you, take it to the bookstore, and they will have your books waiting!
- To submit the online on-campus housing application, you must submit both your first seat deposit. At that time, a deposit packet will be mailed to your current address that will include your ONU username and password. Login to your ONU email account and an email with instructions to register for on-campus housing will be in your inbox. Your ONU username and password also act as your Self-Service Banner username and password.
- 2014-15 on-campus housing costs: $4,160/semester
- To acquire an on-campus mailbox, you must register at the Mail Center located in McIntosh Student Center. 419-772-2400
- For on-campus housing floor-plans and photos visit the Admissions Housing page.
- Although Residence Life can guarantee placement in one of the on-campus facilities while spots are available, on-campus housing room number and roommate assignments may not be finalized until two weeks prior to the on-campus move-in date.
- For more information on on-campus housing, please contact Residence Life at: 419-772-2430. The Office of Residence Life is located in the McIntosh Center.
- Once registered for on-campus housing, your room number and roommate information should be viewable in your Self-Service Banner account under the "My Housing" tab.
On-campus move-in day is Sunday, August 19, 2014 starting at 8:00 a.m. in the McIntosh Student Center. Check-in will be available ONLY on this day unless you make alternate arrangements with Residence Life directly: 419-772-2430. Housing and roommate assignments should be sent the first week of August and will be viewable in our Self-Service Banner (Luminis) account under the My Housing tab.
Parking permits can be purchased online through the Security & Parking Office for $65.00. They can be contacted directly at 419-772-2222.
Rec Center Info
King Horn Sports Center
Call 419-772-2444 to speak to a representative.
Health Center Info
ONU Health Center
** Both a Medical History form and an Immunization form will be provided to you in a link, which will be included in your orientation packet. Please follow the instructions listed on the forms and submit prior to your arrival. ** Call 419-772-2086 to speak to a representative. Fax: 419-772-2545
Campus Dining Info
Counseling Center Info
ONU Counseling Center
Call 419-772-2190 to speak to a representative.
Facebook - Join us for instant updates!
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE INFORMATION FOR ORIENTATION?
You will receive an orientation packet at your current address in late July. Please advise the Admissions Office if you would like the packet mailed to an alternative address. It will be made to the current address you used when you applied.
WHEN DO I FIND OUT WHICH SECTION I AM IN?
Your section information will be provided to you in your orientation mailing packet. By the end of July, your course registration information (and section) should be viewable in your Self-Service Banner account. Summer Starters - Your sectioning sheet will indicate that you are registered for Civil Procedure for the Fall - Please disregard this! This sheet is generic for all L1s and represents every class within that section.
WHEN/HOW DO I REGISTER FOR CLASSES?
You will be registered for class automatically. Additional registration information will be provided during orientation. You do not need to register prior to orientation.
HOW DO I ORDER BOOKS?
Textbook information is available from our Barnes & Noble bookstore. Your fall book list can be found on the Academics page under "Textbooks" in the right navigation bar. Time will be provided for you during Orientation to purchase books
WHEN CAN I REGISTER FOR ON-CAMPUS HOUSING?
To submit the online on-campus housing application, you must submit your first seat deposit. Shortly thereafter, you will recieving housing information from Law Admissions in your ONU email.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY TUITION BILL, AND WHEN IS PAYMENT DUE?
The Controller's Office will be e-mailing tuition bills to Self-Service Banner accounts on August 1st. Fees are due August 25, 2014. Contact the Controller's Office with questions, 419-772-2010. **NOTICE: No paper bills will be mailed. All billings are distributed via your online university Banner accounts**
HOW DO I OBTAIN A PARKING PERMIT?
Parking permits can be purchased online through the Security & Parking Office.
WHEN WILL MY LOAN REFUND BE AVAILABLE?
According to the ONU policy, you cannot receive a reimbursement of excess funds from your account until you have been in classes for at least one day. This Fall, loan refund checks will be available to you beginning September 3, 2014. Contact the Controller's Office with questions: 419-772-2010.
WHERE CAN I FIND MY FIRST DAY ASSIGNMENTS?
First-day assignments are posted on the bulletin board near the Law College student mailboxes (by the Clemens Lounge) and are posted online on the Academics page as they become available. Please note: Not all professors post first-day assignments.
WHEN DO I GET MY ONU EMAIL USERNAME AND PASSWORD?
This information will be sent to you in your deposit packets which are mailed after we receive your first seat deposit.