- Prospective Students
- Why ONU Law?
- Applying to Law School
- Transfer & International Students
- Check Application Status
- The Student Voice
- Recent Alumni Stories
- First Year Curriculum
- Upper Level Curriculum
- Certificate Tracks
- Clinical Programs
- JD/LLM - International Law
- JD/MPPA - Tax Law
- Bar Exam Success
- Discover Ada, Ohio
- Recruiting Events
- The ONU Law Promise
- Summer Starter Program
- Admitted Students
- Pre-Law Advisors
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Law Housing
- Diversity Statement
- Admissions Staff
- Required ABA Disclosures
You are here
Welcome to the ONU Law Family!
Congratulations on your acceptance to ONU Law and welcome to Orientation! Once you get here, look to the person on your left, look to the person on your right, and make friends with them both. The folks you meet today will be study partners, lifelong friends, networking contacts for future jobs and clients, and perhaps even future spouses. ONU Law is a very different kind of law school - we're a close community strongly invested in the success of each of you as individuals. I encourage you to take advantage of all we have to offer - and enjoy!
Congratulations on your acceptance to ONU Law!
We are excited that you will be joining us for the 2016-17 school year! The following information will help guide and instruct you on the necessary steps you will need to take in order to ensure your seat and scholarship (if awarded to you) are reserved for you until you arrive.
Your next Steps...
- Review the Admitted Students Checklist
- Read through your entire acceptance packet thoroughly.
- Join your Class of 2019 Facebook Group.
- If you haven't already, submit your FAFSA to ONU so the Office of Financial Aid is able to evaluate your need and determine for which awards you are eligible. (School code: 003089) https://fafsa.ed.gov
- Join us for one of our two Accepted Student Days - Friday, March 18 and Saturday, April 9,2016.
- Submit your deposit online or return the signed deposit form with your check in the mail.
- If you received a scholarship offer, you will need to sign, date, and return the scholarship acceptance form provided to you in the admittance packet by May 15.
- To submit the on-campus housing application, you will need to first submit your full first deposit. Once your first deposit is received, you will receive your username and password via mail to log-in to ONU's Banner system to submit the online housing application.
Don't Forget To...
- Submit your Seat Deposit
- Submit the Orientation Survey
- Waive your ONU Insurance
- Send in your Medical/Immunization Forms
- Provide two (2) Official Transcripts
- Sign-up for On-Campus Housing
|April 1||April 15||May 31||June 1||June 15|
|Summer Starter Deposit Due||1st Seat Deposit Due - Fall||Summer Program Orientation||Summer Classes Begin||2nd Seat Deposit Due - Fall|
|July 15||July 27||August 15-16||August 17-19||August 22|
|Orientation Packets Mailed||Last Day of Summer Classes||On-Campus Move-in||Fall Orientation (Mandatory)||Fall Classes Begin|
Important Dates to Remember 2016
- April 1 - Summer Starter seat deposit of $600 is due
- April 15 - First seat deposit of $400 is due
- May 31 - Summer Starter Program Orientation
- June 1 - Summer Classes Begin
- June 1 - Tuition bills due for Summer Starter Program
- June 15 - Second seat deposit of $200 is due for Fall
- July 27 - Last day of Summer classes
- July 15 - Orientation packets mailed (Approximate date)
- July 25 - Tuition bills sent electronically from the Controller's Office
- Aug 15-16 - Law On-campus Move-in Day
- Aug 17 - 19 - Fall Orientation (Mandatory for ALL first year students, including Summer Starters)
- Aug 19 - Student Bar Association Reunion BBQ
- Aug 22 - Fall bills due*
- Aug 22 - First day of classes
- Sept. 2 - Refund checks are available for pick up in the Controller's OfficeSept. 7 - Labor Day, No Classes
- Sept. 2 - Refund checks are available for pick up in the Controller's Office
- Nov 21 - 25 - Thanksgiving break
* For students who will be funding their legal education with scholarship or loans disbursed through ONU, your bill will be held over until your funds become available.
Connect with ONU Law: