Why ONU Law?
MAKING OUR CASE, THE CASE FOR PETTIT.
There are as many reasons for becoming a lawyer as there are specialties to pursue. Do you want to speak out against oppression? Develop case law that lives on for decades to come? Become the voice of your generation, trumpeting the social issues that define our day? No matter what your reason is, here you'll be able to achieve great heights.
At the Pettit College of Law, we have created a unique program where you can develop the skills to make a difference, regardless of where you want to go with your law degree.
Your days here will be filled with incredible opportunities to build experience with work legal professionals. Once you graduate, you'll find an international network of tight-knit alumni ready to help you advance. From your first day onward, you'll discover a community that will take the passions you have and help you develop into the lawyer that you want to be.
ACHIEVE GREAT HEIGHTS
Setting you up for a lifetime of success.
Who is ONU Law, and why should I apply?
- Lowest private law school tuition in the Midwest
- Ranked lowest for total debt upon graduation among private law schools
- A high performer for bar passage and job placement – strong multi-year averages
- Ranked first among Ohio law schools for first-time bar passage for February 2017 bar exam
- A 100% placement rate for our twelve clinic and externship placements – we guarantee it!
- A low 8:1 student to faculty ratio, allowing you to personalize your pursuit of a legal education
- A law school with history - Celebrating more than 130 years of developing proficient practitioners of principle and integrity
OUR AFFORABILITY GUARANTEE - THE ONU LAW PROMISE
One of the most affordable private law schools in the nation.
In 2013, Ohio Northern University College of Law made a choice that altered the future of private legal education - to be the most affordable private law school in the nation. To do so, the university reduced it's tuition price by 25%. Tuition for the 2017-18 academic year is now only $27,140. Our low tuition, coupled with a regional cost of living that is well below both state and national averages, makes ONU Law one of the best values in the nation. In fact, ONU Law is ranked lowest in the nation for "projected debt owed at first loan payment" by the lawschooltransparency.com.
SEE FOR YOURSELF
ONU Law is settled in a peaceful community located on a beautiful 342 acre tree-lined campus. As the only law school in Ohio located outside of a city setting, the Pettit College of Law provides a quiet setting that allows students to focus on their studies while also developing the skills necessary for twenty-first century legal practice. ONU Law is known for their personal approach to legal education and a comfortable and welcoming environment open to students and families for every walk of life. Don't just take our word for it though - come see for yourself!