- Prospective Students
- Why ONU Law?
- Applying to Law School
- Transfer & International Students
- Check Application Status
- The Student Voice
- Recent Alumni Stories
- First Year Curriculum
- Upper Level Curriculum
- Certificate Tracks
- Clinical Programs
- JD/LLM - International Law
- JD/MPPA - Tax Law
- Bar Exam Success
- Discover Ada, Ohio
- Recruiting Events
- The ONU Law Promise
- Summer Starter Program
- Admitted Students
- Pre-Law Advisors
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Law Housing
- Diversity Statement
- Admissions Staff
- Required ABA Disclosures
You are here
Living in Ada
PLAN TO LIVE ON-CAMPUS?
POLAR PLACE OR COURTYARD APARTMENTS:
Law housing accommodations are furnished two-person apartments featuring a shared common room (with kitchenette) and a private bedroom (virtual tour and pictures provided on the website). Students have the option of rooming with either another first year law student or a second year law student. Housing is coordinated through the Residence Life Office. Students are able to submit their housing application as soon as their second deposit has been received.
- 2 networked computer outlets per room
- 3-5 electrical outlets
- ONU cable-television service (in all rooms)
- Telephones and voicemail (in all rooms)
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Extra-long twin beds (loftable units provided)
- Desk, desk chair, shelving, towel rack, mirror and closet (in all rooms)
- Overhead lighting
- Apartments include kitchens with: Refrigerator, stove and oven, microwave, disposal, and small table with 2 chairs
- Some include dishwashers and disposals
- Apartments include living room with: Couch, chair, and two end tables
MEAL PLAN OPTIONS:
Carte Blanche Meal Plan - $2,610 per semester (2013-14)
You’ll never have to cook! This plan is designed to give students the ultimate in flexibility and convenience! With this plan, each student receives:
- $250 in Dining Dollars each semester
- More points for NOM and Bear Necessities
- Dining Dollars are automatically replenished at the beginning of each semester
- Unused Dining Dollars are non-refundable
- 5 guest passes to McIntosh dining each semester
- $10 gift certificate to use at the Inn at Ohio Northern University
- Carte Blanche means you never run out of meals or options!
Dining Dollars are convenient, safe, easy, and smart. They work like a debit card. Funds are deposited into your account as part of a meal plan, and purchases are automatically deducted at the cash register. The terminal will display your remaining balance. Dining Dollars are designed to cover meals or snacks at the White Bear Inn and Northern on Main, guest meal purchases, and items that are not included in the meal equivalencies. Unused Dining Dollars do not carry over from term to term.
- Parking permits will be available for purchase online beginning July 1, 2014.
- Parking permits are not needed for summer sessions
- NO student vehicle may be parked anywhere on campus, unless the vehicle has been properly registered and displays a valid permit.
- The parking fee for each vehicle is $65 per academic year or $40 per semester.
- Residential students are only permitted to obtain one parking permit and have only one vehicle on campus.
- Parking permits are available for pick-up in the ONU Security Office from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please bring some form of photo ID. Parking permits will NOT be mailed.
- All permits must be purchased through the ONU Parking Portal on the Campus Security’s website.
PLAN TO LIVE OFF-CAMPUS?
FINDING A PLACE TO LIVE:
The best place to start is Law Admissions' list of approved landlords, provided on the Accepted Students page. It is recommended that you begin your search for off-campus housing in early spring.
Ada Water & Sewer Department
115 West Buckeye, P.O. Box 292
Ada, OH 45810
Open Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Closed Weekends and Holidays
Application Procedure for Water Service:
- Must provide Identification (driver’s license)
- A two-hundred dollar ($200) deposit is required by the person applying for service.
- Applicant must sign the application card within 30 days or services will be discontinued.
- Apply by mail or phone with the following information:
- Current address
- Current phone number
- Date to start service
- Address of service
- Provide at least 3 days for service to begin.
Billing for Water Service:
- Pay online at www.adaoh.org. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and debit cards are all acceptable forms of payment.
- The applicant is responsible for payment of the bill.
- You should receive a bill at the beginning of the month. If you have not received your bill in the first week of the month, call the water department before the 10th of the month, by 4:59 p.m. to avoid late charges or shut-off.
- When moving please notify the water department so the account is taken out of your name and the procedure for the deposit refund may be completed.
- The utility bill is a monthly bill. The readings that appear on the bill are actual readings. Not calculated charges.
- Refuse service may also be included in your bill. You will be responsible for the recycle bin and tote.
Electric and Gas:
The following companies provide service to the Ada area. Your landlord may provide you with additional service providers.
1 Riverside Plaza
Columbus, OH, USA
Phone: (614) 716-1000
P.O. Box 182007
Columbus, OH 43218
Provide 3 days notice
PLAN TO COMMUTE?
TRAVEL DISTANCE & TIMES:
Kenton to ONU: 15 miles, 19 minutes
Lima to ONU: 17 miles, 27 minutes
Findlay to ONU: 24 miles, 32 minutes
Toledo to ONU: 69 miles, 1 hour 9 minutes
Fort Wayne, IN to ONU: 79 miles, 1 hour 27 minutes
Dayton to ONU: 87 miles, 1 hour 29 minutes
Columbus to ONU: 87 miles, 1 hour 37 minutes
Wright Patterson Air Force Base to ONU: 90 miles, 1 hour 30 minutes
Connect with ONU Law: