- Prospective Students
- Why ONU Law?
- Applying to Law School
- Transfer & International Students
- Check Application Status
- The Student Voice
- Recent Alumni Stories
- First Year Curriculum
- Upper Level Curriculum
- Certificate Tracks
- Clinical Programs
- JD/LLM - International Law
- JD/MPPA - Tax Law
- Bar Exam Success
- Your Guide to Ada
- Recruiting Events
- The ONU Law Promise
- Summer Starter Program
- Admitted Students
- Pre-Law Advisors
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Law Housing
- Diversity Statement
- Admissions Staff
- Required ABA Disclosures
You are here
Entering Class Profile 2014-15
|2014 ENTERING CLASS*||71|
|Out of state||33%|
|75th percentile LSAT||152|
|25th Percentile LSAT||144|
|75th percentile GPA||3.58|
|25th Percentile GPA||2.86|
|2014 Total Student Body||207|
*As of 8/25/14 and subject to change following
**LSAT/UGPA percentiles were calculated by
the Law School Admission Council based on
matriculant lists provided by [the school] to the ABA
Total Current Student Body: 207
- More than 26 states and countries represented
- 130 undergraduate institutions represented
- 11:1 Student-to-faculty ratio
EVIDENCE OF EXCELLENCE
- No. 1 in Ohio for three-year overall Bar Passage rate
- No. 1 in Ohio for JD-required job placement, Class of 2013
- 1 of 6 Private law schools named to 2014 Best Value list by the National Jurist 2014
- A top law school for practical skills training, the National Jurist 2015
- A top law shcool for preparing students to bass the Bar Exam, the National Jurist 2015
- 2nd oldest law school in the state of Ohio
- Lowest private law school tuition in the Midwest
- ONU Law awards more than two million dollars in scholarship offers to all three class years
- 120+ courses which include skills courses, intensive topic courses, moot court, pro bono and public interest fellowships.
- ONU Law faculty have earned degrees from Cornell, Columbia, Duke, Harvard, Michigan, the University of California and Yale among others.
- Ada, Ohio is home to the Wilson Football Factory - Maker of every NFL game ball that has appeared in Super Bowl competition
- We are a private Methodist affiliated academic institution that welcomes students of all backgrounds, faiths and cultures.
Ohio Northern University College of Law, founded in 1885, is the second oldest of nine Ohio law schools. ONU Law has been fully accredited by the American Bar Association since 1948 and a member of the Association of American Law Schools since 1965.
ONU law students can choose from nine specializations and more than 150+ course options while also expanding their experience by studying abroad, participating in Law Review, accepting research and teaching assistantships, participating in pro bono programs, or taking an active role in Moot Court. Students also refine their practical skills by participating in one of ONU Law's eleven guaranteed clinical placement programs.
11 Guaranteed Clinical Placements
9 Certificates of Concentration
ONU Legal Clinic (Public Interest)
Labor & Employment Clinic
Corporate Transactional Clinic
Non-Profit Litigation Clinic
Municipal Government Clinic
Public Defender Clinic
Judicial Externship I
Judicial Externship II
Certificate in Corporate Law
Certificate in Bankruptcy and Commercial Law
Certificate in Criminal Law
Certificate in International Law
Certificate in Public Law & Policy
Certificate in Civil Litigation
Certificate in Taxation
Certificate in Real Property Law
Certificate in Small Firm General Practice
EMPHASIS ON PUBLIC SERVICE
Recognizing that attorneys are called to be of service to the community, ONU Law encourages all students in this high calling of our profession. Second and Third year law students are encouraged to engage in pro bono legal services to the community. Students who complete thirty (30) hours of pro bono work during the fall, spring or summer semester will have a notation on their transcript that they did pro bono work while in law school. Opportunities for pro bono service include, but are not limited to the following: VITA (Tax Assistance to the Elderly), the Ohio Northern Legal Clinic, Legal Aid Programs, Street Law, Public Defender and Prosecutor Programs.
TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- Tuition 2015-16: $25,470/academic year
- Summer Tuition 2015: $8,500 (8 credit hours - includes housing)
SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS
The average award for a student entering into the class of 2014 was $12,500. The College of Law awarded more than 2.0 million dollars in scholarships and grants to all three class years for the 2014-15 academic year. Sixty-seven percent of the 2014 entering class received scholarship and/or grant money. Scholarship awards are merit based and are renewable for students second and third years of law school dependent upon their maintaining a 3.0 GPA by the end of their first year. Grant awards are need-based and are determined by need displayed on the FAFSA. Grants are also renewable for students second and third years of law school dependent upon their maintaining a 2.0 GPA.
If students are awarded scholarship and do exceptionally well their first year, they have the opportunity for an increased award for their second and third years. Students who did not receive a scholarship and do exceptionally well their first year, have the opportunity to receive a scholarship for their second and third years as well.
Office of Law Career Services
Employers from across the nation as well as abroad use our Office of Career Services to hire law clerks, summer associates, and attorneys. The past two years the Office of Career Services has posted 1,168 legal positions in 333 firms, businesses or government offices on LegalSift, ONU Law's online job search tool.
Job Placement Success
ONU Law is No. 1 in the state for full-time bar required job placement for Class of 2013, nearly 10 percent above the statewide average. The class of 2013 were 84.2% employed full-time or enrolled in an LL.M. program within nine months after graduation.* ONU Law ranked 9th in the nation for job placement in Public Interest and Government legal jobs for the Class of 2012. Learn more...
* March 2014 Statistics based on National Association for Law Placement (NALP) and ABA criteria.
|Types of Employment - Class of 2013|
|Pursuing Advanced Degree||2.1%|
|Placement statistics for Class of 2013|
|East North Central||51.3%|
|East South Central||1.3%|
|West North Central||0%|
|West South Central||5.1%|
BAR PASSAGE SUCCESS
ONU Law ranked No. 1 in the Ohio for overall bar passage on the Feb. 14 exam and boast a 90% three-year average. Results for the last twelve Bar Exams.
ONU offers some of the most extensive academic support programs in the state and was the first law school in the country to offer a bar-prep course for academic credit within the third year curriculum.
LAW LIBRARY | Taggart Law Library
- Ranked first among private law school libraries in Ohio by National Jurist. - Dec. 2010
- 436,000 volumes
- Open 113 hours per week
- 282 seats available with internet and electric plug-ins at each seat
- Wireless network
- 5 group study rooms
SCHEDULE YOUR CAMPUS VISIT
$1,000 CAMPUS VISIT SCHOLARSHIP
We believe that getting to know a student takes more than reading a personal statement or reviewing an application. We want to get to know the "whole you" and believe the best way to do that is by meeting with you in person. Schedule and complete a full campus visit to be considered for a $1,000 ONU Law Campus Visit Scholarship.
Campus Visit: Schedule A Visit
During a private visit to ONU College of Law, students have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with an admissions officer, sit in on a first year class, take a tour of the facilities, and speak candidly with current students at lunch or coffee. Students can also schedule an appointment with Financial Aid or Residence Life for on campus housing.
Each admitted student guest will be provided complimentary accommodations at the Inn at Ohio Northern University, compliments of the College of Law. Breakfast is complimentary for guests over the age of 13.
Connect with ONU Law: