Entering Class Profile 2013-14
|2013 Entering Class||79|
|Out of state||54%|
|75th percentile LSAT||152|
|25th Percentile LSAT||145|
|75th percentil GPA||3.42|
|25th Percentile GPA||2.86|
|2013 Total Student Body||236|
*LSAT/UGPA percentiles were calculated by
the Law School Admission Council based on
matriculant lists provided by [the school] to the ABA
Total Current Student Body: 236
- More than 32 states and countries represented
- 155 undergraduate institutions represented
- 12:1 Student-to-faculty ratio
Points of Pride
- 100% Ohio Bar passage rate for first-time takers, Feb. 2013
- 2nd oldest law school in the state of Ohio
- Lowest private law school tuition in the state of Ohio
- ONU Law awards more than four million dollars in scholarship offers to all three class years
- From 2002-2010, ONU Law's job placement rate at nine months after graduation stood high above the national average*
- Your experience will go beyond the traditional lecture series with hands-on experiential learning opportunities through our many skills courses, intensive topic courses, moot court, pro bono and public interest fellowships.
- ONU Law faculty have earned degrees from Cornell, Columbia, Duke, Harvard, Michigan, the University of California and Yale among others.
- Ada, Ohio is home to the Wilson Football Factory - maker of every NFL game ball that has appeared in Super Bowl competition
- We are a private Methodist affiliated academic institution that welcomes students of all backgrounds, faiths and cultures.
Ohio Northern University College of Law, founded in 1885, is the second oldest of nine Ohio law schools. ONU Law has been fully accredited by the American Bar Association since 1948 and a member of the Association of American Law Schools since 1965.
Tuition and Financial Aid
- Tuition 2013-14 (L1's): $33,684/academic year
- Summer Tuition 2013: $1,229/hr (8 credit hours)
Scholarships & Grants
The average award for a student entering into the class of 2012 was $25,500. The College of Law awarded more than 4 million dollars in scholarships and grants to all three class years for the 2012-13 academic year. Scholarship awards are merit based and are renewable for students second and third years of law school dependent upon their maintaining a 3.0 GPA by the end of their first year. Grant awards are need-based and are determined by need displayed on the FAFSA. Grants are also renewable for students second and third years of law school dependent upon their maintaining a 2.0 GPA.
If students are awarded scholarship and do exceptionally well their first year, they have the opportunity for an increased award for their second and third years. Students who did not receive a scholarship and do exceptionally well their first year, have the opportunity to receive a scholarship for their second and third years as well.
Office of Law Career Services
Employers from across the nation as well as abroad use our Office of Career Services to hire law clerks, summer associates, and attorneys. The past two years the Office of Career Services has posted 1,168 legal positions in 333 firms, businesses or government offices on LegalSift, ONU Law's online job search tool.
Job Placement Success
ONU Law is 2nd in the state for full-time bar required job placement for Class of 2012. The class of 2012 were 84.6% employed full-time or enrolled in an LL.M. program within nine months after graduation.* ONU Law ranks 9th in the nation for job placement in Public Interest and Government legal jobs.
* March 2013 Statistics based on National Association for Law Placement (NALP) and ABA criteria.
|Types of Employment - Class of 2012|
|Pursuing Advanced Degree||2.2%|
|Placement statistics for Class of 2012|
|East North Central||57.3%|
|East South Central||1.3%|
|West North Central||4%|
|West South Central||4%|
States Representing Student Body for Last 5 Years
Library and Technology - Taggart Law Library
- Ranked first among private law school libraries in Ohio by National Jurist. - Dec. 2010
- 436,000 volumes
- Open 113 hours per week
- 282 seats available with internet and electric plug-ins at each seat
- Wireless network
- 5 group study rooms
Schedule Your Campus Visit
$1,000 CAMPUS VISIT SCHOLARSHIP
We believe that getting to know a student takes more than reading a personal statement or reviewing an application. We want to get to know the "whole you" and believe the best way to do that is by meeting with you in person. Schedule and complete a full campus visit to be considered for a $1,000 ONU Law Campus Visit Scholarship.
Campus Visit: Schedule A Visit
During a private visit to ONU College of Law, students have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with an admissions officer, sit in on a first year class, take a tour of the facilities, and speak candidly with current students at lunch or coffee. Students can also schedule an appointment with Financial Aid or Residence Life for on campus housing.
Each admitted student guest will be provided complimentary accommodations at the Inn at Ohio Northern University, compliments of the College of Law. Breakfast is complimentary for guests over the age of 13.