L-1 - Deadline to Submit for OCI - Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company -
On Campus Employer - Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
Position: L1 Paid Summer Clerk (This position will begin the summer before the L-2 year begins, Summer 2013)
Deadline to Submit: 4:30 PM Thursday, January 24, 2013
OCI Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Who may apply: Candidates must be L-1 Students, top 30%, with work experience before law school, and ability to think critically, strategically and creatively.
Submit to: The Office of Law Career Services Room 114
Materials to Submit: Cover letter (see heading below), Resume, and Current ONU Law College Tanscript
(All students submitting applications will be contacted by e-mail to let them know if they have been selected for an interview or not.)
Address Cover letter to: Janice Gresko
375 N. Front Street, Suite 200
Columbus, OH 43215
Interviewers: Janice Gresko, Esq., ONU JD '96, Managing Counsel
Gloria Rucker, Esq., Counsel
Comments by Employer: Nationwide's Summer Clerk Program is designed to attract and develop candidates who could become future leaders in its organization. The program will help build and sharpen key legal competencies necessary for success in any legal career.
- Project Assignments: Student will work on a broad range of assignments in many legal areas, which may include:
- Corporate litigation
- Insurance law
- Financial services and securities
- Regulatory and legislative issues
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Business law
- Intellectual property
- Employment law
- Coaching and Feedback: Students will have the opportunity to receive constructive coaching and feedback throughout the program.
- Professional Networking: Students will have the opportunity to meet and work with people from a wide variety of groups within Nationwide, from attorneys, government relations and compliance professionals, to individuals across Nationwide's business units-including sales, marketing and claims.
If you have any questions contact Law Career Services: 419-772-2249