About Career Services
The Successful Employment of ONU Law College Graduates
ONU Law College ranked #1 in Ohio law schools for full-time bar-required job placement for the Class of 2013 as reported by the American Bar Association in its recent April 2014 report. The council of the ABA Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar and its accreditation committee are the national accrediting agency for programs leading to the JD.
Ohio Northern graduates are successful throughout the country. Fifty percent of ONU Law students find careers outside of Ohio. We have alumni in all 50 U.S. states and 26 countries. Outside of Ohio, the majority of our graduates find careers in Florida, Indiana, Michigan, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and Texas. You can view a MAP of how many alumni currently reside in each U.S. State. The past year our Office has posted 694 legal positions in 249 firms, businesses or government offices on LegalSift, ONU Law Career Service's online job search tool. Many positions are provided on this site exclusively to ONU law students. Sixty-seven firms or businesses conducted on campus interviews or resume collections with our office during the past two academic years and over 417 ONU law student resumes (incl., cover letter, transcripts, references and writing samples) were mailed Federal Express direct to employers across the country. Many of these employers are graduates of ONU Law or prefer ONU law students having hired successfully through ONU Law Career Services in the past.
Helping You Chart Your Strategy
The Office of Law Career Services is dedicated to helping all law students in every aspect of their job search, regardless of their career aspirations or background. The goal of our office is to assist law students in their job search, supporting each law student as he or she transitions to employed professional. Our individualized counseling, networking opportunities, and supportive alumni are all parts of the ONU Law difference. Our Offce has awarded over $100,000 in stipends to students participating in summer public interest internships. These interships were funded by the annual Public Interest Auction sponsored by our office. In 2013 ONU Law was ranked #2 in the U.S. in graduates entering the field of public interest. Our graduates enter all types of law including large firm, government office, mid-size firm and public interest. We strive to meet the employment interests of each student.
Here’s How We Help...
- We counsel you independently to tailor your career development plan
- We work extensively with our loyal alumni base to connect you with unique career opportunities
- We help you refine your resumes and cover letters and host mock-interviews to help improve your interviewing skills
- We hold Brown Bag Briefs regularly; presentations targeted to help you in all aspects of your career development plan
- We host seminars and workshops to discuss job search skills, networking skills, and professional development training
- We offer both on-campus interviewing as well as resume submission for off-campus interviewing
- We provide LegalSift, our online job posting site where you can sort through hundreds of legal job opportunities
- We post job openings and upcoming On-Campus Interviews on our ONU Law Career Services Facebook Page - join us!
Connect with ONU Law: