- Begin preparing for fall recruiting season.
- Get organized. Develop a system of tracking
- Order a transcript and update your resume.
- Draft a cover letter.
- Narrow your focus of interest both geographically and area of practice.
- Attend workshops/seminars.
- Sign up for on-campus interviews.
- Begin your job search campaign early. (If applying to large firms, check deadlines and plan to send resumes before August 30 before returning to campus.)
- Make appointment with Career Services Director to discuss job search.
- Develop your mailing list (target certain area - use directories and alum lead lists).
- Check job posting board regularly.
- Schedule a mock interview - check with Career Services for list of participating faculty.
- Attend a job fair/conference - information available in Career Strategies office.
- Network as much as you can.
- Attend Judicial Clerkship Seminar in the spring if you plan to apply for judicial clerkships, check with Career Services for deadlines to apply.
- Continue your job search campaign - small to medium size firms tend to hire in the spring.
- Continue targeting areas - expand your focus if needed.
- Continue networking.
- Attend spring career fairs
- Attend spring Brown Bag Briefs
- Check with Career Services for information and deadlines for RC, OCI and other
- job postings and watch your e-mail for announcements.
- Check LegalSift regularly and Career Services OCI/RC Listings on the Career Services website.