- Current Student Resources
- Academic Support
- Student Organizations
- ONU Law Review
- ONU Moot Court
- Your Guide to Ada
- Disability Services
- Academic Awards and Honors
- International Exchange
- Student Testimonial Form
You are here
1L Membership Information
Submitted by j-walker.1 on April 16, 2012 - 1:33pm
Ohio Northern University Law Review
There are two ways to become a Staff Editor:
(1) The top 10% of the 1L class at the end of the second semester will be invited to join Law Review, contingent upon the successful completion of a Casenote of publishable quality. The Casenote assignments will be distributed in early August, and due at the beginning of the fall semester.
(2) Any student in good standing (i.e. 2.0 or higher) at the end of the second semester will be eligible to participate in the Write-On Competition. The individuals with the top entries will be invited to join Law Review, also contingent upon the successful completion of a Casenote of publishable quality.
* Anyone who intends to join Law Review is required to fill out an affidavit and return it to Cindy Klingler's office by 4:30 P.M. on Monday, April 28, 2013.
* Please make sure that you have a username and password for: LexisNexis, Lexis Advance, Westlaw and Westlaw Next.
The Write-On Competition will consist of two exercises:
(1) Writing portion, which will consist of a Memorandum, AND
(2) Bluebook exercise.
* The competition will tentatively begin around the end of May or beginning of June.
* The competition packets, and thereafter the submission of the completed Memorandum and Bluebook exercises, will be conducted through a LexisNexis Web Course. Individuals who have filled out an Affidavit will automatically be enrolled in the Web Course prior to the start of the Competition.
* Participants will have approximately three weeks to complete a Memorandum and Bluebook exercise.
* The competition is a "closed universe," meaning that participants can only use the research materials provided in the competition packet. Any use of outside sources will lead to an automatic disqualification.
* This is a no-collaboration competition. Participants cannot discuss the prompt, sources, arguments, conclusions, the bluebook exercise, etc. with any other student, professor, or faculty member, regardless of whether or not the person is participating in the competition. Collaboration will lead to an automatic disqualification and a recommendation for an honor code violation.
* The competition is an anonymous process. Each participant will be identified only by his/her competition number (last four digits of your social security number) during the grading process. The only member of Law Review who has the information linking the number to the name of the participant is the Managing Editor, Chelsea Bellew. The Managing Editor has absolutely no vote in the grading process of the Write-On Competition.
* Each entry is subject to an evaluation by an online plagiarism resource.
* Questions concerning the Write-On Competition Memorandum or Bluebook exercise may ONLY be directed to the Managing Editor, Chelsea Bellew (email@example.com). No other member of the Law Review is permitted to respond. However, please do not hesitate to contact any Law Review member concerning general questions about Law Review!
Ohio Northern University Law Review | The Pettit College of Law | 525 South Main Street | Ada OH 45810
PH 419-772-2248 | FAX 419-772-2714
PH 419-772-2248 | FAX 419-772-2714
Material on this page reflects the opinions, interests, and activities of the maintainer and does not implicitly or explicitly represent the official positions and policies of Ohio Northern University.
Connect with ONU Law: