ONU Law Alumni Weekend in DC - Registration Now Open
Join us this June 14 -17 for a weekend in our nations capital.
Event Date and Time:
Friday, June 14, 2013 - 12:00pm - Monday, June 17, 2013 - 10:30pm
All Law Alumni & Friends of the Law College are invited to D.C. for events in conjunction with the Monday, June 17, 2013 ONU Law Admission Ceremony.
You are invited to make reservations in a block of rooms reserved at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Law alumni, guests & friends are invited to all the weekend events & receptions. This is a wonderful opportunity to spend a weekend with friends and associates in D.C. visiting many historic sites as well as recognizing the colleagues being sworn-in to the Bar of the highest court of our country. Weekend events are listed below:
- Friday, June 14, 2013, 6:00-9:00 P.M. - Hyatt on Capitol HIll, Kick off the Weekend with the "WineDown Reception" Enjoy light hors d'oeuvres and a glass of wine compliments of the law college, in a private reception room upon arrival at the hotel. Come meet & greet fellow ONU grads, law alumni board members, & faculty & administration of ONU College of Law.
No charge, reception is complimentary to all ONU graduates & their guests.
- Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 7:30 A.M. - 1:30 P.M. - "Sunrise Motor Coach Tour" Enjoy a bus tour of many DC monuments, including The Washington Monument, The World War II Memorial, The White House, The Lincoln Memorial, The Jefferson Memorial & The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, followed by a tram tour of Arlington National Cemetery, including "The Changing of the Guard at The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier", "The Marine Corps War Memorial, The Iwo Jima Statue, The Space Shuttle Challenger Astronauts' Memorial and The Air Force Memorial. 11:30 A.M - 1:00 P.M. The tour includes lunch at the Phillips Flagship Restaurant on the Washington Channel Waterfront. - Lunch includes an endless seafood buffet of 30 fresh seafood selections, along with non-seafood options, regional specialties and made to order stations.
Price including transportation, tram tickets and buffet lunch - $85.00
- Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 1:30-4:30 P.M. (Three choices)
"The Capitol Building Tour
"The Washington Mall Tour" or you may return by coach to the Hyatt on Capitol HIll
No charge for these tours. (After lunch the charter bus will take guests to the location of their choice.)
- Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 6:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. - Banquet Dinner at the Hyatt on Capitol HIll - Those ONU alumni being admitted into the U.S. Supreme Court will be recognized at the dinner. All law alumni, guests & friends of the law college are welcome to attend.
Dinner for adults $90.00 each, Children, 10 & under $25.00 each.
- Monday, June 17, 2013- 9:00 A.M. ONU Law College Alumni United States Supreme Court Admission Ceremony at the Supreme Court of the United States. A reception and tour of the Supreme Court of the United States will follow the admission ceremony. All ONU law alumni & guests are invited to attend the reception & tour. Only one designated guest per admittee may enter the courtroom during the admission ceremony. All others are welcome to remain in the reception hall for the reception & tour that follows the swearing-in.
- For additional information about the D.C. events being planned call (419) 772-1980 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org