Summer Starter Orientation
The Office of Law Admissions is happy to help assist you in any way we can. Because of the breadth of information that flows through multiple offices, we will often direct you to the respective office with which you must deal directly. Scholarship, voucher and any financial aid-related questions must be handled through the Office of Financial Aid, whose web page is provided in a link below. Questions regarding move-in dates and registration for on-campus housing must be directed to the Office of Residence Life, whose web link is also provided below.
In order for any person other than the student to discuss details regarding housing, financial aid, etc. they must sign and submit the Privacy Disclosure Form (FERPA), which can be found here. Please scan and email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the Office of Law Admissions.
Office of Residence Life | Office of Financial Aid | Office of the Controller | Office of the Registrar | Barnes & Noble Bookstore | Office of Public Safety | Dining Services | King-Horn Sports Center | IT Services | Health Center | Counseling Center | Religious Life
Memo To First-year law students
- You should have funds in the $1200-$1500 range in your personal account to begin your first weeks at Ohio Northern University. These funds will be needed for books, apartment and utility deposits, food, and miscellaneous expenses during the first weeks of classes. Your loan refund checks, if utilized, will be available via refund check beginning June 7, 2019 (approximate date).
- Contact your undergraduate lenders to make sure that your loans are put into deferment status for your three years of attendance at ONU Law.
- If you have financial aid questions or concerns, contact the financial aid office at 419-772-2272 or stop by Weber Hall and meet with a financial aid counselor.
Case to Read for Orientation: Duff v. Beaty >> A copy will be included in your orientation packet, which you will receive in early May.
Summer Orientation: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
The mandatory College of Law Summer Orientation is scheduled for Tuesday, May 28, 2019. Dress is business professional, and photos will be taken on the first day of orientation. Orientation packets will be emailed to incoming first-year law students in early May. If you do not receive a packet, please call Law Admissions at 419-772-2211.
2019 Course Information
Your book list can be found through the ONU Bookstore website. Textbooks can be purchased any of the following ways:
- The ONU Barnes & Nobles Bookstore: 419-772-2410
- At any law school bookstore provided it uses the same textbook
- Any online bookstore
Summer 2019 Bookstore Hours: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. | Closed Weekends
Time will be provided at orientation to pick up books at the Bookstore
You can use loan money to order books online from the ONU Bookstore. When asked for payment method, choose "Student Financial Aid” or the option that most closely resembles this. After you arrive on campus, you will need to go to the controller's office and get the voucher that will tell the bookstore how much credit they are authorized to extend to you. Take it to the bookstore, and they will have your books waiting!
- 2019 summer on-campus housing cost for the semester: $910.
- To submit the online on-campus housing application, you must submit your full $600 deposit. At that time, you will receive an email from the Office of Law Admissions containing the housing application link and additional information.
- To acquire an on-campus mailbox, you must register at the Mailing Center located in McIntosh Center. 419-772-2400
- For on-campus housing floor-plans and photos visit the Admissions Housing page.
- Although Residence Life can guarantee placement in one of the on-campus facilities while spots are available, on-campus housing room number and roommate assignments may not be finalized until one week prior to the on-campus move-in date.
- For more information on on-campus housing, please contact Residence Life at 419-772-2430. The Office of Residence Life is located in McIntosh Center.
- Once registered for on-campus housing, your room number and roommate information should be viewable in your Self-Service Banner account under the "Housing" tab.
On-campus move-in day is Friday, May 24, 2019, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in McIntosh Center. Check-in will be available only on this day unless you make alternate arrangements with Residence Life directly at 419-772-2430.
Parking permits can be purchased online through the Office of Public Safety for the fall semester. They can be contacted directly at 419-772-2222. You do not need a parking pass for summer session.
Rec Center Info
Health Center Info
Both a Medical History form and an Immunization form will be provided to you in your orientation packet. Both forms should be returned in the pre-addressed and pre-stamped evelope before the start of classes. Call 419-772-2086 to speak to a representative. Fax: 419-772-2545.
Campus Dining Info
Counseling Center Info
ONU Counseling Center
Call 419-772-2190 to speak to a representative.
Facebook – Join us for instant updates!
When will I receive information on orientation?
- An orientation packet will be emailed to your ONU Law email address in early May.
When/ How do I register for classes?
- You will be registered for classes automatically. Additional registration information will be provided during orientation. You do not need to register prior to orientation.
How do I order books?
- Textbook information is available from our Barnes & Noble bookstore.
- Time will be provided for you during orientation to purchase books.
When will I receive my tuition bill, and when is payment due?
- The controller's office will email tuition bills to Self-Service Banner accounts by May 10, 2019. Contact the controller's office with questions at 419-772-2010. No paper bills will be mailed. All billings are distributed via your online University Self-Service Banner accounts.
How do I obtain a parking permit ?
- Parking permits can be purchased online through the Office of Public Safety for the fall semester. You do not need a parking pass for summer session.
When will my student loan refund be available?
- According to the ONU policy, you cannot receive a reimbursement of excess funds from your account until you have been in classes for at least one day. This summer, loan refund checks will be available within one or two weeks of the first day of class. Contact the controller's office with questions at 419-772-2010.
Where can I find my first-day assignments?
- First-day assignments are posted on the bulletin board near the law college student mailboxes (by Clemens Lounge) and are posted online in the Academics section as they become available. Please note: Not all professors post first-day assignments.
When do I get my network username/password and email account?
- This information will be sent to you in your deposit packets, which are mailed within five days of the law admissions office receiving your seat deposit.