About Career Services
Helping You Chart Your Strategy
The Office of Law Career Services is dedicated to helping law students in all aspects of their job search, regardless of their career aspirations or background. The goal of our office is to assist law students in their job search, supporting each law student as he or she transitions to employed professional. Our individualized counseling, networking opportunities, and supportive alumni are all parts of the ONU Law difference.
Here’s How We Help...
- We counsel you independently to tailor your career development plan
- We work extensively with our loyal alumni base to connect you with unique career opportunities
- We help you refine your resumes and cover letters and host mock-interviews to help improve your interviewing skills
- We hold Brown Bag Briefs regularly; presentations targeted to help you in all aspects of your career development plan
- We host seminars and workshops to discussing job search skills, networking skills, and professional development training
- We offer both on-campus interviewing as well as resume submission for off-campus interviewing
- We provide LegalSift, our online job posting site where you can sort through hundreds of legal job opportunities
- We post job opennings and upcoming On-Campus Interviews on our ONU Law Career Services Facebook Page - join us!
50% of ONU Law students find careers outside of Ohio. We have alumni in all 50 U.S. states and 26 countries. Outside of Ohio, the majority of our graduates find careers in Florida, Indiana, Michigan, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and Texas. You can view a MAP of how many alumni currently reside in each U.S. State.
Success in Career Services
For the last two years, ONU Law has placed 2nd in the state for placement in jobs requiring a JD. Additionally, ONU Law placed 9th in the U.S. for placement in Government and Public Interest positions.
Ohio Northern graduates are successful throughout the country. The past two years our Office has posted 1,168 legal positions in 333 firms, businesses or government offices on LegalSift, ONU's online job search tool. Many positions are provided on this site exclusively to ONU law students. Sixty-two firms or businesses conducted on campus interviews or resume collections with our office during the 2010-2011 academic year and over 417 ONU law student resumes (incl., cover letter, transcripts, references and writing samples) were mailed Federal Express direct to these employers across the country.
Recent Alumni Testimonials
Connect with ONU Law: