A degree from ONU Law is more than just a piece of paper. It’s a launchpad into a successful career.
With the legal field constantly growing and adapting to meet new challenges, the role of lawyers is still vitally important. Here, you’ll define who you want to be as a lawyer – and build toward it. By the time you graduate, you’ll find that you are more prepared to enter the legal field than your peers because you’ll not only know the law but you’ll have the real-world experience to back it up.
We do this because we’re not just teachers but lawyers ourselves. We give you an experience- based legal education that provides the tools to go out into the world and make a difference – everywhere from the courtroom to the boardroom.
That means continually increasing the value of an ONU legal education through things like engaging speakers who shed light on current issues, clinical programs guaranteeing extensive live-client and courtroom hours, and advisors and mentors who, from day one, will continue to advocate for you long after you graduate.
EVIDENCE OF EXCELLENCE
- Founded in 1885 - Celebrating more than 130 years of preparing students for legal practice
- Ranked lowest on the list for total debt upon graduation among private law schools - Law School Transparency
- Lowest private law school tuition in the Midwest $27,140 (2017-18)
- A top school in Ohio for multi-year bar passage and job placement
- Ranked first in Ohio for first-time bar passage following the February 2017 exam
- 6:1 student-to-faculty ratio – one of the lowest in the country
- 45-year track record of providing high-impact, 100% guaranteed clinic and externship placements
- Loyal alumni network spanning all 50 states and abroad
- 115+ courses which include skills courses, intensive topic courses, moot court, pro bono and public interest fellowships
- Faculty have earned degrees from Cornell, Columbia, Duke, Harvard, Michigan, the University of California and Yale among others
- A private Methodist affiliated academic institution that welcomes students of all backgrounds, faiths and cultures