A degree from ONU Law is more than just a piece of paper. It’s a launchpad into a successful career.
With the legal field constantly growing and adapting to meet new challenges, the role of lawyers is still vitally important. Here, you’ll define who you want to be as a lawyer – and build toward it. By the time you graduate, you’ll find that you are more prepared to enter the legal field than your peers because you’ll not only know the law but you’ll have the real-world experience to back it up.
We do this because we’re not just teachers but lawyers ourselves. We give you an experience- based legal education that provides the tools to go out into the world and make a difference – everywhere from the courtroom to the boardroom.
That means continually increasing the value of an ONU legal education through things like engaging speakers who shed light on current issues, clinical programs guaranteeing extensive live-client and courtroom hours, and advisors and mentors who, from day one, will continue to advocate for you long after you graduate.
EVIDENCE OF EXCELLENCE
- Long-term success on both Bar Exam and Job Placement
- 1 of 6 Private law schools named to 2014 Best Value list by the National Jurist 2014
- A top law school for practical skills training, the National Jurist 2015
- A top law school for preparing students to pass the Bar Exam, the National Jurist 2015
- Celebrating 130th Anniversary - Founded 1885
- Lowest private law school tuition in the Midwest
- ONU Law awards more than two million dollars in scholarship offers to all three class years
- 120+ courses which include skills courses, intensive topic courses, moot court, pro bono and public interest fellowships.
- ONU Law faculty have earned degrees from Cornell, Columbia, Duke, Harvard, Michigan, the University of California and Yale among others.
- Ada, Ohio is home to the Wilson Football Factory - Maker of every NFL game ball that has appeared in Super Bowl competition
- We are a private Methodist affiliated academic institution that welcomes students of all backgrounds, faiths and cultures.